If traveling internationally, every trip participant will need a valid passport. (It must be valid for at least 6 months after their anticipated return date.)
- It can take 6-8 weeks to get a passport, so it is vital that you apply as soon as possible (now!).
- Passport applications can be picked up at a local post office or downloaded here. http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html. Passport renewal and change forms can be acquired in the same locations. Follow the instructions on the form. You must appear before your local passport agency (usually postmaster or clerk of court) for the signing and witnessing of the application. You can find your local passport agency on the internet at iafdb.travel.state.gov.
- Minors under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.
- If available, both parents should appear in person with the minor.
- If one parent is not available, then the application must be accompanied by a notarized, signed Form DS-3053 from the parent that is not applying with the minor.
- Your completed passport application, two passport photos, passport fees and state birth certificate/or old passport will be collected by your local passport office and forwarded to the nearest US Passport Processing Center.
- You should receive the passport within 6-8 weeks from the date that you apply for your passport. If you run out of time: Call a local private passport expediting service company (Google it); OR call the Washington Passport Service Company at 1.800.272.7776. Additional fees are required for these services. You may also need a copy of confirmed tickets or a travel itinerary from the NEXT Worldwide office.
- For more information on passports, visit the US Passport Site
For information on how to submit your passport copy to NEXT Worldwide once you receive it, click here.